Monday, January 3, 2011

Ringing in the New Year with an icy adventure!



Yesterday Josh and I went on our most adventurous hangout with a trip to Long Point, Ontario which is about 2 and a half hours west of Port Colborne. Both of us had never been to this place before and it was definitely worth exploring.

We followed Erie Blvd. until we could drive no further and walked through a park to get to the beach. We then experienced high gusts of bitter-cold wind and complete isolation from the rest of civilization. Josh described the feeling as if we were living in the zombie apocalypse.


As soon as we reached the beach, we saw sand, ice, mounds that were made of a combination of ice and sand, and massive waves. Walking along these mounds we found crevices and cubby holes that provided protection from the wind.


Despite the cold winds, my fingers were the coldest parts of my body and everything else was kept warm. And I only fell a few times which led to me laughing at myself.

Leaving Long Point, we stopped in Turkey Point, Port Ryerse, and drove threw Simcoe and Port Dover and various other towns we had never been to.

I didn't end up taking as many pictures because the wind ate at your fingers, but I have to say that I am satisfied with the snaps I did get.


My dearest Long Point, I will return to you one day when the weather is a little more pleasant and less in-your-face with constant bitter.



Yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment