Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy birthday

My roommate Ashlee is celebrating her 19th birthday today. And we rang in this festive occasion with an epic sing-a-long to the Pokemon theme song. Haha. Out of all the songs in the world, I don't know why we chose to sing that one at midnight, but it kinda summed up the night that we'd been having... 

Ashlee, Serena, and I had a homework party in our dining room last night. Since it's November, that means a crap load of assignments that need to be completed in a short amount of time. Let's look at my life for the next month:

Nov 9: 2 page essay about "The Mysteries of Udolpho" (DONE)
Nov 12: 8 page film essay on "Nanook of the North" (DONE)
Nov 16: essay about the importance of the CBC and local television so that we can have a place where Canadian content is distributed 
Nov 17: moon project for Astronomy
Nov 19: Bus 174 seminar for film class
Nov 23: 8-10 page essay about "The Book of Negroes" 
*Sometime before the end of Nov: a follow up to a seminar presentation about sexualized advertisements 
*and some random photography assignments

AND THEN EXAMS START. 



In other words, we basically spent the night trying to get some homework out of the way. Nothing like spending a Friday night with a pen and paper trying to figure out your thesis and main arguments for an essay you don't even want to write. 

Story of my life. 

Considering the amount of frustration and hate at our assignments, we still managed to throw in some fun. We played an exciting game of "Simon Says", belted our hearts out to Backstreet Boys, Hanson, the Moffats, and S Club 7. We even tested our knowledge about the different Pokemon as we tried to remember their names just by looking at a picture. We're actually pretty cool people.  

It's a little after 2:30 in the morning and I'm still sitting in the dining room surrounded by my papers and general thoughts about my essay. I have my final moon observation to do in five hours (7am) which means that I can finally start/finish that assignment. 

Yours truly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment