Sunday, January 31, 2010

Why has one load of laundry taken over three hours to do?

Boredom finally took over my life last night as I didn't want to photoshop my pictures anymore. My friend Amanda and I had a photoshoot this past Thursday at the school's studio because we have a project due in my Human Figure class this week. We each need to submit 72 shots and print an 8x10 of 2 or 3 of our favourite ones. I had been editing them all day and by 9 pm I could not take another process of adjusting the curves, levels, selective colouring or cropping! So I decided to watch a movie.

After plugging in the TV and VCR player downstairs in our basement, I popped "The Last Unicorn" into the machine and let my childhood memories be accessed. It's been a good couple years since I've watched this movie and until last night, I forgot how good it is.

The first time I saw this movie I was probably around seven years old and it must have been playing on TV or we must have rented it from the video store because I've haven't owned a hard copy of it for very long. Scenes from this movie would replay over and over in my head, and it took me so long to remember where I had seen them before. I would always think about the red bull, or the image of the unicorns in the ocean, or the drunk skeleton lying on top of the fireplace mantel. After many attempts of searching on the Internet, I finally found out the name to this movie and begged my parents to buy it for me.

Best. Purchase. Ever.

A unicorn overhears two hunters talk about how she is the last unicorn left in the world and goes on a quest to find out what happened to the others. She befriends a magician and a poor woman who assist her on her journey to King Haggard's (played by Christopher Lee btw) castle where she hopes to learn more about the vanishing unicorns. I won't reveal too much of the plot because there's nothing more that I hate than a spoiler. SO. Watch the movie.

The only thing is that I dread the day my VCR player goes on the fritz because I'm not looking forward to buying another copy of "The Last Unicorn" on DVD.



Yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment