Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's about time you showed up.

This morning I was able to see my house, my aunt's house, my grandparent's house, Food Basics (where I work) and so much more of Port Colborne all from my bedroom in Etobicoke. How did I do this you may ask?

The Niagara Region was finally added to Google Street View.

Although you can barely see my house, due to the five trees sitting on our front lawn, it's exhilarating to know that my town is contributing to this global event. And the funniest thing about the candid moments captured by the Google camera is that I was able to recognize a few people that were caught walking down the street.

Right in front of my house there's a red van turning left onto another road. In the van is the janitor of my old high school. And a little further down the street, is a man carrying groceries. I realized that he's one of the regulars that come into Food Basics. I also saw my mailman.

I'm totally looking forward to browsing through my town and showing everyone that Port Colborne really does exist.


Yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment