Thursday, May 6, 2010

Work

I'm almost done my first week at my new job with the City of Port Colborne.

I got placed with the Marina and I will be working at the desk answering phone calls, registering boaters, directing boaters on how to get into the Marina and where they will be docked, and much more. I'm working with two other girls.

Everyone had WHMIS training on Monday morning... I think it's pretty self-explanatory. However, we were looking at the symbol for posion and our trainer said, "This is Johnny Depp's symbol". I laughed so hard.

Tuesday was first-aid training.

Wednesday was my first full work day at the Marina. I will be working 8:30-4:30 until May 21st when we officially open. Yesterday seemed to drag on forever because there wasn't much to do as there aren't a lot of boaters yet. The one girl was explaining how the system works and it seems like there's a lot to learn, but I know once I start practicing with customers then it won't be so bad.

I just felt so useless because a. there wasn't much to do and b. it was the first day and I was just learning what I was going to do for the summer.

I was so tired last night when I got home from work. I had a 30 minute nap right when I got home and even after that I still had trouble keeping my eyes open. It wasn't until 730ish when I closed my eyes for a second and ended up passing out on the couch for half an hour. That gave me enouch energy to stay up till 11. By 11:15 I was passed out and didn't get out of bed until 9 this morning.

I'm really excited... new job, new people to work with, new experiences, and good money!

I have more training tomorrow and then a shift on Saturday and then I have Sunday and Monday off.

Wooooooo!


1 comment: