Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thought

I was walking home last night from the guys' house and had to wait at the side of the main road for the 191 bus to pass me. As I was waiting, the bus slowed down and stopped right in front of me.

When I first saw him pulling over, I thought he was doing it to see if I was alright because I was one lone girl walking home in the dark. And I wasn't standing at one of the designated bus stops so that also fueled my curiosity. Maybe that's just the small-town girl part of me thinking because police officers in Port Colborne will always pull over and ask you questions if you're walking around late at night.

"And a good morning to you," said the driver because it was probably around 12:30am.

"Hello! I'm actually just waiting to cross the road," I replied.

He said it looked like I flagged him down.

We both laughed and before he closed the bus door to carry on with his drive he said, "Well, enjoy the rest of your night" and I returned the favor.


I was really amazed at how pleasant this bus driver was. His cheery attitude didn't make me feel so bad about making him think that I needed a ride somewhere.


To me, this was a reminder that not all TTC employees are the grouches that people are making them out to be. I always make the effort to say "thank you" as I'm getting off the bus because I know how much of a pain it must be constantly dealing with people who are in a rush to get somewhere.

Thank you Mr. Late-Night TTC man and I hope the rest of your night was good and hassle free.

3 comments:

  1. That's so sweet of him!

    In my home town, there was this bus driver who knew my mom and whenever he saw her (whether it was just while she was walking/driving by his bus) he would wave.

    CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy! I got your comment. I sent you a text but I'm not sure if you received it!

    I'm going home on Tues. b/c I have an orthodontist appt. on Wed. morning. SORRY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did get your text and it's alright cause I found somebody else!

    ReplyDelete