Friday, March 12, 2010

My brother and I totally parked in a handicap parking spot at Wendy's and didn't realize it until we left

I decided I was coming home at 3:00 this afternoon. My brother said he would pick me up from the bus terminal and that he would keep it a secret from my parents.

The Coach Canada bus left Toronto at 6pm. I knew I wasn't going to get a window seat because I got there 10 minutes before the bus left and there was a huge line of people. Whatever, the only thing I cared about was getting on the bus.

The ride itself wasn't bad, except I had two "bros" sitting around me. One sat in front of me and obnoxiously talked on his cell phone, ending the conversation with, "I'll talk to you later brother". It could have been his actual brother, but I highly doubt it. He also started tapping anxiously on the side of the bus at one point.

The other one sat diagonal to me and wore a huge white sweater and navy track pants. The only time he wasn't on his Blackberry was when he was sprawled over two bus seats sleeping. and anxiously tapped on the side of the bus. Not going to lie, I got bored on the bus so I "eavesdropped" on his conversations from time to time. These were the words I picked up, "Aight", "bro", something about somebody getting "knocked out", and a reference to how "huge" his muscles were.

Somebody later started eating salsa which furthered my hunger.

It sucked not having a window seat. Not only did I not have anything to stare at, except for the bro's Blackberry convo's, but I had no idea where I was. Travelling at night also made it harder to pick out specific landmarks that I associate with every city.

The bus was scheduled to get in St. Kitts for 7:30. We didn't get there until after 8. I was so pooped and starving. The only thing that kept me alive on that bus was the thought of eating Wendy's. It was absolutely delicious. I got a chocolate flurry with my meal. Amazing.

I visited my cousin for about an hour and watched the Shark Tank. Some guy was trying to pitch his idea for flashcards that helped kids learn the capitals for the 50 states. One had a picture of a cow stepping on a sack of mints. On the bottom of the card it said, "Sack mint toes". The capital was "Sacramento".

My parents were more confused rather than surprised when they saw me walk through my front door. My dad asked, "What are you doing here?". And my mom was like, "There aren't any grapes, bananas, or any fruit in the house for you to eat. And I was at the grocery store this afternoon too!" It's wasn't the responses I was looking for, but it's still nice to be home.

My mom gave Zoe, my doggy, a trim and she looks adorable! The majority of her fluffy fur is cut off and she looks ready for spring. I love it.

Oh. And the firmness of my mattress is amazing. It's just one more perk of coming home.


Yours truly.


No comments:

Post a Comment