Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Now it's time for a big art attack

The other day I learned a valuable lesson about paper mache. Not only is it a messy craft, but time consuming as it ate up most of my afternoon. Neil Buchanan made it look so easy. 

My birthday is right around the corner, this upcoming Friday to be exact, and I figured it was time to start putting some plans into action. I can't remember how I got the idea, but I thought it would be fun to have a pinata present at my family birthday party. You know, something fun that the cousins could smack the crap out of. 

Mixing 3/4 glue to 1/4 water, I placed strips of newspaper on the balloon with my fingers and then applied the mixture. My floor and my arms were both covered with drops of glue. It looked like my arms were peeling skin by the time I finished applying the third coat of paper. 

Now all I have to do is wait for it to dry and hope that the humidity doesn't screw things up.  



Yours truly. 

2 comments:

  1. The question is... did you use PVC GLUE??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You meant PVA glue? The one and only!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC4U1tBLErw

    Oh, that jacket!

    ReplyDelete