Sunday, December 6, 2009

I challenge you

This morning at 11:30 was the first time I've used a computer since Friday night. It dawned on me yesterday afternoon that I hadn't touched a computer and it honestly didn't bother me. I didn't have the need to check my Facebook, Blogger, email, or any of those addicting websites I always go on. Maybe it was because I knew I had to study for Monday's exam and a computer was unnecessary to help me do my readings. It was then my goal to see how long I could go without using the Internet. 

When I turned on my laptop today, I found myself falling into my same routine, and I realized it ate up a lot of my time. I checked my Facebook and after five minutes, I got bored and realized I could be doing some more productive. 

I challenge everyone who's reading this to see how long you can go without logging onto the Internet. Instead of sitting in front of the computer: learn a new hobby, socialize with your family or friends, read a book, bake some cookies... do anything that requires you to be active! 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes when I am so focused on homework/socializing/doing something productive OFFline, going online is suchhh a hassle.

    GOOD JOB ON THIS THOUGH :) And good luck on your exam tomorrow xoxo.

    ReplyDelete