Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I love surprises.

I was sitting on the couch watching some Degrassi Jr. High this afternoon when the telephone rang. My brother came running downstairs a second later and said "It's your lucky day". I gave him the most confused look and he said that our Aunt Nelly (great aunt on my dad's side) called to say that she was stopping by. We both exchanged looks of happiness because a visit from her only means one thing... PIZZELLES. 

Basically they're a thin and sweet Italian cookie made using a special hot press. They kinda look like mini waffles. 

I can't even remember the last time I had homemade Pizzelles... it may have been last Christmas at my Auntie Ange's house. For me, it's one of those things you only eat every now and then to preserve its essence. If I ate them all the time, I'm afraid that they wouldn't mean as much to me when my Aunt Nelly makes them. Even though one of my dreams is to own a pizzelle iron, only to spread the awesome joy this cookie has to offer, I think I'll wait a few more years before I start this investment. 

All I can say is yum. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE PIZZELLE! hahaha i have them all the time and my love for them just keeps growing

    ReplyDelete