Wednesday, December 30, 2009

There's always a first time for everything... I guess

I went to the dentist yesterday and after sitting in the chair for 40 minutes with the hygienist digging around my gums, I found out some shocking news... The dentist put some metal poking thing in one of my molars, and when it got stuck she said, "Oh you have a hole". I just sat there dreading the next couple of minutes for fear of the worst - that there was a cavity. 

19 years, 19 years and I've never had a cavity! Everyone says that this is quite the achievement, but I've grown so attached to my pure (well somewhat pure cause I had braces back in the day) teeth that I don't want anything more to be done to them. My dentist said she would put in one of those white fillings so that people won't notice, but I sure will remember it's there! Gah. 

What a way to ring in the new year with a trip to the dentist. Hopefully I can get an appointment next week so that I can get this shindig over with. I guess this isn't the worst thing that could happen to me, but it's still a bummer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment